Alcohol Delivery Terms of Service
About Green Monkey and this Notice
Green Monkey LLC (“Green Monkey”) is a NC limited liability company with a principal business address of 1217 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27603. This notice (“Terms of Service”) describes the basic terms of all sales or deliveries, or agreements related to sales or deliveries, of alcohol by Green Monkey to consumers (“Consumer” or “you”). By continuing with the transaction, you represent to Green Monkey that you have carefully read the Terms of Service, understand the Terms of Service, and agree to be bound by the then current Terms of Service when your transaction is processed.
North Carolina Law regarding Alcohol Sales/Delivery
IT IS ILLEGAL TO SELL, DELIVER, OR SERVE ALCOHOL TO ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21. IT IS ILLEGAL TO SELL, DELIVER, OR SERVE ALCOHOL TO ANYONE THAT IS INTOXICATED. Green Monkey commits to adhering strictly to these laws and will not knowingly sell, deliver, or serve alcohol in violation of these laws.
Alcohol delivery is considered a “post-purchase” service. Meaning the alcohol is sold to you, the purchaser, AT GREEN MONKEY’S PHYSICAL LOCATION and AT THE TIME YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS PROCESSED. At that point, the alcohol is the personal property of the purchaser. Green Monkey will then transport alcohol to the delivery location specified by the purchaser.
By Continuing with the Transaction, You Expressly Agree that
- You are the purchaser of any alcohol purchased.
- You are over the age of 21.
- You possess, and will present on request, valid government issued identification (“ID”) to prove that you are over 21 years old.
- You are not physically intoxicated.
- You are the cardholder or authorized agent of any payment or payment method used to make the alcohol purchase.
- You will be physically present to receive any delivery.
- You represent that this purchase is not made to circumvent any law regarding the sale, possession, or consumption of alcohol.
- You have read and agree to abide by Green Monkey’s Terms of Service, Alcohol Delivery Policy, and Alcohol Delivery Return Policy.
- Green Monkey will only deliver alcohol to locations which are inside Green Monkey’s Delivery Territory (as defined on the Green Monkey website).
- Green Monkey will not deliver to locations which the delivery driver believes, for any reason, may be unsafe.
- On delivery, YOU WILL PRESENT A VALID ID WHICH MATCHES BOTH THE PURCHASER AND THE METHOD OF PAYMENT AS RECORDED ON THE TRANSACTION TRANSCRIPT OR RECEIPT FROM THE WEBSITE. THEN, AND ONLY THEN, WILL THE DELIVERY DRIVER HAND OVER THE PURCHASED ALCOHOL TO YOU.
- The delivery driver will not hand over the purchased alcohol in the event of any of the following:
- You do not have a valid ID
- Your ID indicates you are below the legal age to purchase alcohol
- Your ID does not match the purchaser identified in the receipt
- Your ID does not match the payment method identified in the receipt
- You refuse to allow the driver to document your ID (such as with a picture or copying down a drivers license number) for Green Monkey’s records
- The driver believes that you are intoxicated
- The driver believes that you are actively engaged in breaking the law
- The driver believes that you purchasing alcohol to provide to someone under the age or 21 or who is already intoxicated
- The driver reasonably believes that giving you the alcohol would be a violation of North Carolina law or may cause an unsafe situation
- If the delivery driver is not able to hand over the purchased alcohol for any reason, including but not limited to those above, the driver will return the alcohol to Green Monkey and such alcohol will be subject to Green Monkey’s Alcohol Delivery Return Policy. NOTE: If the driver comes to your location, you WILL be charged the delivery fee REGARDLESS of whether the driver gives you the alcohol.
- Green Monkey reserves the right to refuse to deliver more than one time to the same location or person within 24 hours.
Green Monkey Alcohol Delivery Policy
Green Monkey Alcohol Delivery Return Policy
All alcohol returned to Green Monkey must be sealed, unopened, and free from any obvious signs of tampering. You agree that, if alcohol is returned to Green Monkey following an attempted delivery, you are
- Requesting that the alcohol be returned to Green Monkey; and
- Requesting that your purchase money be refunded;
- Waiving any property claims you have on the alcohol itself.
If accepted by Green Monkey for return, Green Monkey will refund the transaction cost minus the delivery fee and a “restocking” fee of $5.00. The delivery fee will be charged to you regardless of whether the delivery driver gives the alcohol to you. The restocking fee compensates Green Monkey for the administrative costs for (a) restocking the merchandise and (b) addressing any credit/reversal transaction.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
About Green Monkey and these Terms
Green Monkey LLC (“Green Monkey”) is a NC limited liability company with a principal business address of 1217 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27603. This notice (“Website Terms and Conditions of Use” or “Terms”) describes the basic terms of all sales, purchases, users, log-in/sign-in information, or use of the Green Monkey website for any purpose by consumers (“Consumer” or “you”). By continuing use of the website for any purpose, you represent to Green Monkey that you have carefully read the Terms, understand the Terms, and agree to be bound by the then current Terms when while you are using the website or while you have any information stored or captured by the website.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Green Monkey's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing or use only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non- commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Green Monkey’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Green Monkey at any time. Upon terminating your viewing or use of these materials or interface or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Green Monkey’s web site are provided "as is". Green Monkey makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Green Monkey does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Green Monkey or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Green Monkey’s internet site, even if Green Monkey or a Green Monkey authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Green Monkey’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Green Monkey does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Green Monkey may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Green Monkey does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Green Monkey has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Green Monkey of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Green Monkey’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.